Thursday, March 20, 2008

34 weeks and growing!


"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be." ~Carrie Fisher


Here we are at 33 weeks! I was talking to my friend Courtney about how all of a sudden when you become pregnant you start to live your life in weeks. She informed me that this is how it is after baby is born too! It's so true...weeks become precious! Right now, I feel each day is precious. I was put on bed rest last week and when things like this happen, you really start to feel that each day this baby is growing inside is truly a miracle! All is well, just needed to slow down. Our midwife said, "you need to be on the couch and become a fatty!" I have to say, being away from work is a whole new world. I feel I can actually focus on baby now and take care of this little one. We've been doing lots of bonding...each time I feel movement, which is quite often, I am reminded of this amazing time and that I truly need to treasure it! Chris and I are preparing for birth...taking amazing classes...talking with wonderful, supportive people...and just really taking it all in! We are aware that there is so much we cannot prepare for...but, it sure has been fun to anticipate this little one entering our lives. We cannot wait to meet him/her!

No comments: