Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Packer Week

In honor of the Vikings vs. Packers game this weekend, I thought I would hack in to the blogsite again and post some of my most memorable moments of this great rivalry.

1) I remember when the Vikes absolutely spanked the Pack back in 1998 at Lambeau Field, when Randy Moss was a rookie.

2) I remember in 1999, I believe, when Brett Favre floated a pass directly to big time free agent acquisition, Chris Dishman, only to bounce off his chest and into the waiting arms of Antonio Freeman for a game winning touchdown.

3) I remember when Randy Moss "mooned" the drunken, angry, blaze-orange wearing Packer fans at Lambeau Field, in a playoff victory for the Vikes a few years ago.

4) I remember the Pack beating the Vikings the last five times the teams have played each other.

5) The most memorable moment I have came just recently, when I realized that my brother-in-law Phil has decided to mold his young son into a Packer backer. I was thinking about this realization today, wondering why someone would choose this path. I believe the decision can only be made out of pure love for his child. He is only trying to spare Liam from the pain and suffering that every Viking fan has had to endure in the past 50 years of their existance. Good job Phil... you are proving to me, and everybody else that you are a true family man! Myself... not the case. I have decided to take the alternate route, with the risk of exposing my son to years of disappointment and failure, in hopes that the Vikings can someday reach the promised land. Below are pictures of the cousins... Liam is decked out in his Brett Favre dinasaur jr. halloween costume, and Eli is showing his colors with his Adrian Peterson authentic replica mini-me dinasaur costume.

It also got me thinking... Maybe this will someday result in a good matchup of rookie sensations, in the year 2031 when the Green Bay Packers, led by strong safety Liam Berndt (rookie - Notre Dame) face the Minnesota Vikings led by left-handed QB Eli Ekern (rookie-Michigan) at the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Metrodome in Minneapolis.

One can dream.......

Brett Favre


Adrian Peterson









3 comments:

Phil said...

The Packers are bad enough, but combining the Packers with Notre Dame has taken this joke way too far. Revenge will be mine!

Stephanie Balvin said...

This clearly had to be Chris typing this post, since I know Angie could give a lick about the match ups from the past. Very clever ending!

Team Bartz said...

Awesome Chris. Very funny!
Gotta comment though...that Eli is getting cuter by the day.
Love you guys!
Bartz