Thursday, March 5, 2009

Capturing memories...

When Elias was a few months old, I remember feeling so overwhelmed with how quickly our little peanut was changing and how I was going to capture and document all of the "firsts" that were blossoming daily. I've always dreamt of being an avid journal writer and what a great time to start right? But really, how could we possibly forget these milestones...they will for sure stay written in our minds forever! Well, I've learned how fast the months drift away...how the memories we felt would be so clear forever do fade and that I will continue to strive to write in a journal.:) I've also learned that these feelings will continue to be present and that we will remember the specific moments, like the first time we held our little miracle, that are instilled in us forever and the rest will be captured through photos, videos and our blog...yes indeed, the blog has become a journal, a techno-journal! I am truly greatful to have documented some of the many memories through our blog. My sister Sally discovered something fabulous that I want to share...you can make your blog into a book through blurb.com. I believe it's called blog to book where you basically insert the words and photos already present into thier numerous layout options. We have a book of our blog from the first few months that Sal put together for us and I look at it daily... I love having a hard copy and can't wait to create the other chapters to have as a keepsake.

Our little boy is only a few days from turning 11 months old, which means he is almost a year old...what?... and mom and dad are having a hard time believing this. Just this week he has learned to crawl on his knees, clap his hands and play peek-a-boo. He is starting to repeat some words and is really absorbing his world...and everything that goes into his mouth! He is watching, listening and doing everything! Oh, it is so much fun!! I love this stage...every stage brings new worries and adventures as we watch him become a little person with personality and understanding. Here are a few captured moments...

Elias has found a love for hockey through his papa. Chris took him out on the ice at the Rhino tourney a few weeks ago and Eli absolutely loved skating with dad. He has a little hockey stick that has become his favorite toy which you will see in the video!



My buddy August...he is four months old and I love him!

Did we mention peanut grew a tooth? Yep, it's a snaggle tooth!!

Thank you Grandpa John for the MN Gophers outfit!
Crawling...

Favorite toy...hockey stick! This was the first gift we recieved in the hospital from uncle Tim autie LyLy and the kids.

And here he is crawling to get his hockey stick...look for a dog who is longing for attention..poor Mikko!

7 comments:

Berndt Toast said...

Great pictures and awesome video! I love how he taps the stick on the floor as if to signal he's open for a pass. We miss you...give Eli and big hug from his cousin Liam.

The Volcano Sisters said...

What a doll. I can hear him say mama and ball. Can't wait to see you guys. How fun to have all the babies together. Love, Julie

Alison Rae said...

Love it ang! He has some serious skills with that hockey stick! And I love the picture of him and August... so sweet.
Love you guys,
Ali and August

Weekly Kids said...

Oh, so cute! Thanks for the tip about blurb.com. I'm going to check it out for Owen's blog. Becky

Team Bartz said...

Yeah a crawler!!

Meredith said...

So cute! Can't forget about cute little Mikko! What cute boys you have!

cutie girl said...

looks like he is an active little boy .he also looks like he loves almost every thing and i think he is one of the cutist littel boys.